Medicine Policy, Health Care and Referrals
A medication authorization form is necessary for ALL medications needed while at school. ALL medications require a physician’s order and parent signature on file with the school health staff. Please click here to access the Medication Policy and Medication Authorization Forms.
Referrals and Area Medical Resources
The health services staff refers various health issues to healthcare providers for further assessment, care and treatment as needed. Parents and guardians can also contact their child’s school health services provider when assistance is needed locating health services or health service providers.
Medications at School
- Antibiotics or other medications ordered to be given three times per day should be given before and after school and at bedtime.
- Medications must be brought to school by a parent/guardian in its original container with the appropriate label intact. All medications in unsealed containers will be counted with the nurse.
- All over-the-counter medications must be in its original, sealed/unopened container.
- Parent/guardian must sign an 'In School Medication Form' granting the school nurse/school designee permission to administer medication according to regulations.
- It is the responsibility of the student to report to the designated area to take his/her medicine.